Friday, June 15, 2012

What's the Catch?

"What's the Catch?"
4"x4" Oil on Gessoboard
$45 Unframed
Click Here to Purchase

This painting is of a scene that I have grown up witnessing and always wanted to put to paint. Finally, in the last year, I felt like I could possibly do it justice. Soon I hope that I can maybe paint it bigger than 4x4! This is a shrimp boat that can be seen from Highway 278 as you are leaving Hilton Head Island and crossing onto the mainland, Bluffton. Such a beautiful scene in the Lowcountry that is fast disappearing.

In other news, my husband and I are off for the week to Vietnam. We are headed to Saigon, one of our favorite cities, then we thought we would try a beach in Vietnam - Mui Ne. Supposedly the kite surfing is grand, so we're going to try and catch a wave or two, wish us luck! My husband just finished working 55 days straight (no days off!) so I think he deserves a bit of a break. I'm happy to tag along ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails