Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Corner Store

"Corner Store"
5"x7" Oil on Panel
$45 Unframed
Click Here to Purchase

This was a fun little street corner in NYC from my visit there last spring. I still have so many fantastic reference photos from that trip. And as I keep on working and improving and seeing things with a new eye, I'll see another photo that catches my eye that I ignored before, or seemed to difficult. I really loved the shadows and light on the awning.

In other news (drumroll please)... WE GOT A DISHWASHER! Well, let's just say it has finally been installed. Dishwashers are a huge luxury over here. You almost never see them. But they aren't the unicorns of Singapore quite like automatic ice machines and garbage disposals. Those just don't exist. So yes, in typical Singapore fashion, our dishwasher has been installed and hooked up to the closest water line. Alas, the power cord does not even get close reaching an outlet. Why am I not surprised?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails