Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Dragonfruit Mania!



I have been having so much fun with the fruit I got this week.  One of the first fruits that I found when I visited Singapore last summer was this crazy creation - Dragonfruit.  Between this and Rambutan, I am wholly convinced that much of what was going on in Dr. Seuss's head was not some LSD-lanced dream, but based on some things that you can actually find here on Earth.  Besides being some of the most beautifully colored fruit I have ever seen, I just love how organic and "out there" the fruit is.

This painting is of one that has not yet been cut in half.  They truly are a beautiful hot pink color with lime green spiky tips.  I remember my mother telling me something about how garish nature is, and when you are bringing things into your home, they can't be as saturated.  I can see her point, but everything in moderation, in my opinion.  I certainly wouldn't paint a room the color of a dragonfruit, but you could throw in a cushion or two!

1 comment:

  1. Dragonfruit, wow! Have never seen one of those in the US. Would love to. Great drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails