Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 38

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 38"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Available through Chan Hampe Gallery
I really enjoyed the afternoon light hitting the sign and the pattern of light and shadow that it created.  The light was so warm, and the shadows were just so cool.  I was especially struck by how although the yellow edge on the windows was in the shade, it kind of seemed to glow with reflected light.  I really tried to capture that in this one.

2 comments:

  1. HI Shelby, NICE TO MEET YOU and to see your beautiful work! THANK YOU for the comment on my blog...CONGRATULATIONS on your painting...VERY NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on this and all. Next week, if the weather is nice, I am planning on some plein air. Know you are growing so much through this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails