Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 51

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 51"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to purchase
I'm having another welcome to Asia day today.  I leave for Karin Jurick's workshop in NYC next friday.  So, in preparation for this workshop (which requires like 50 different colors of paint), I ordered my supplies nice and far in advance - from the US.  I can't find most of the brands here or colors here, and even if I can, they're much more expensive than in the US, so like I've done several times before, I was going to have them sent via vPost.  vPost is great, it is a branch of the Singapore postal system, and they have an office in Portland, OR.  You buy something online, have it shipped to this office, then vPost ships it to Singapore at a MUCH discounted rate.  It can just take a while for the invoices to get processed, etc.  Which is why I ordered my paints well in advance.  A month is enough time, right?  Wrong.

For the past week I've been back and forth with them about the invoices for my two packages.  I don't know what in the world is going on, but I keep getting notifications that say I haven't submitted my invoice (I have, three times for each box now).  The even better email that I keep getting is that they got the invoice, saw "artist oil colors," freaked out, and think I'm trying to send semi-combustible house paint in a plane.  ARGH.  By the way, I've also sent the MSDS info several times to them.  So far I've not received any information back from them, and I can't seem to get in touch with anyone on the phone (surprised?), and I leave for the workshop in a week.  I have no clue what I'm going to do, I guess maybe I can re-order the supplies and have them delivered to one of the people in NYC.  Welcome to Asia.

1 comment:

  1. How frustrating for you! I hope you get everything straightened out and have a great time at the workshop.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails