Friday, November 11, 2011

Emerald Hill #3

"Emerald Hill #3"
24x36 Oil on Canvas
SOLD
Click Here to see other available Art
They've turned this little road full of shophouses into some fantastic bars and restaurants. It's very strange because they're literally right next to these 50 story high-rises. But go a block into this little area, and you can barely hear the noise from Orchard and it feels like a totally secluded area. It's also one of the most expensive - rent for a shophouse starts at $15,000/mo!

This week has been crazy busy, exhausting and fantastic all at one time. We got back from Vietnam late, late, late on Monday night. Then I rolled right into doing The Fair for two days and the AAS Charity Art Auction. (My piece sold for above retail value, yay!)

I've talked to several artists here in Singapore, and they are really re-affirming my sense that self-promoting my art is the way to go. I would love to have a gallery here that really helped nurture and build my career; in the meantime, I would also love to have a unicorn. I am meeting so many wonderful people that are nurturing me that much more! I learned a ton this week, and I am looking forward to getting back into the studio tomorrow. Lots to paint!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Shelby! Love this one. Great colors and light as usual. I am still laughing over your unicorn comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails