Sunday, January 15, 2012

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 97

Pin It
"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 97"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase

Happy Monday! It has been a hell of a roller coaster so far this year. Tank, our pup back home, got out of surgery and is going to be fine, thank goodness. I finally pulled off all the bandages from my various falls over the past couple weeks and they are healing pretty well - minus one nasty scar on my shin. But the story behind that one will only get better with time, right? In 5 years it will be from exploring some hidden ruins and involve crazy ambulance chases through the Sri Lankan countryside. My parents come into town this weekend, so I'm trying to get a ton of painting done and the house pulled together in time for their arrival. Once they get here we are going to play Tomb Raider in Vietnam and Cambodia. So exciting!

I figured I would lead the week with this sunny little shophouse from Little India. I've painted this house before, but I wanted another crack at it - and I must say that I am super happy with the results.

3 comments:

  1. I think you should be super happy with this one. It is a gorgeous little painting. Very well done and I especially like the little spots of sunlight streaming through the shutter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunny colors in this one. So glad things are looking up for you. Can't imagine how excited you are to have your parents coming. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelby, this one just warms my heart! The colors and light are so inviting. Makes me want to look inside!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails