Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse #3 - Daily Painting #26

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse #3" 6x6 Oil on Panel, Click here to Purchase
I really enjoyed doing this one.  Another Little India scene, love the bright colors they have painted all of these houses.  It gets a little jarring when you see a bright turquoise one right next to this shocking red one. Talk about colors almost vibrating together!  In any case, this was a peach colored house next to a shockingly red house.

Plein air went pretty well today.  I might even post the picture after I have cleaned it up a bit in the studio.  I found a nice step to sit on, and had ample time to get my drawing correct before the colors all changed.  I think that makes a huge difference.  The morning light changes so quickly.  I know they talk about "memorizing the moment" you want to capture, but when the shadows literally move from one second to the next - ACK!  Tonight is the hubby's birthday, so we are headed out to dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails