Monday, February 28, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 10 - DP No. 33

"Singapore Shophouse No. 10"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase
I thought I would start Monday off with an unlikely color combination and some good news.  Well, first is the color combination.  In reality this house really is a light mint green with Chinese red shutters.  With the late afternoon light, the mint color got more yellow, but it's local color was definitely light green.  Never in a million years would I have ever thought that those two colors would look good together, but surprisingly, they kind of work.  Not that I am running and painting my bedroom in those shades, but I definitely kind of like it.

And now... for the good news!  I just found out today that I'm going to have my first ever show in Singapore!  The studio/gallery that I am doing my residency with asked me to take part in a two person show (just me and one other artist) at the end of April.  I'm totally stoked.  When I was doing abstract work in Houston I got into a couple of entry-level galleries, but every month and every show was a group show.  For this one, I'll actually have my name on the promotional materials... eep!  So exciting.  Totally nerve-wracking though, because I have to now produce a TON of work before we leave on our trip on March 20th.  Okay, time to get off the computer and get cracking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails