Monday, October 31, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 82

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 82"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase
This is a painting from Geylang (I'm pretty sure), the red-light district in Singapore. Doing all these night scenes has really forced me to pay attention to detail. There are so many light sources bouncing around, of so many different colors, you really have to pay attention to which light is affecting which area, and what color it is casting on it. But I love the effects! I'm off to Vietnam today to do some recon work, I'm hoping to get some good reference photos to continue expanding my painting to the rest of SE Asia. Plus, I might stop in one of the tailors and get a dress or two made ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails