Monday, March 26, 2012

Cloud Study I

"Cloud Study I"
4"x4" Oil on Gessoboard
$35 Unframed
Click Here to Purchase

I've had these little 4x4 panels for forever - almost a year. I think I bought 80 of them the last time I was in the US, and they have been primed and painted and ready to go since. For some reason in the last week, as I've been a little restless to experiment, I decided to pull them out and start sifting through all my reference photos for things to paint that I haven't really tried before. Clouds are totally under this list. I've painted very few before, so this is a great chance to try my hand at them. This little scene is from last year after my mother picked me up from the airport. The sky was just beautiful. All the way from Savannah to HHI, it was blue, blue sky and big puffy clouds. This scene was as we were on the bridge over the intracoastal waterway to Hilton Head. The clouds reflecting in the water, I'll always love that view. Makes me miss home.

1 comment:

  1. Really like this little one, Shelby. Sometimes I find myself taking pictures of beautiful skies to paint, but I never seem to paint them. You're inspiring me to go find some of those and get to work ! goood job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails