Thursday, March 22, 2012

Reflected Glow


"Reflected Glow"
7"x5" Oil on Gessoboard
$45 Unframed
Click Here to Purchase

This painting is of one of the first nights I got into New York. I was wandering around the Times Square area, and I saw the sun setting behind the buildings. The sky was neat - it always is at sunset, right? But more so than the sky, I was really intrigued by the way the sky was kind of reflecting off of the cars and the street. It was just glowing, more so than the bright lights of the theaters on Broadway. Kind of crazy, isn't it?

Also, I thought I would end the week with another crazy Asia story. So I'm painting this morning, and I go into the kitchen to make my lunch. The kitchen is flooded, and there's water dripping out of the ceiling. Well, that's a bad sign. I was thinking broken pipe and worried about damage to the apartment.

So I call the owner's handyman. He is like, "No, no. You must call the aircon people, it is not my problem." This is a pretty typical scenario here. You ask anyone to take responsibility and solve a problem and their first response is "No, cannot lahhh." But to be fair, the last time I checked, you rarely get water pouring out of the ceiling because of the airconditioner. That usually means plumbing.

In any case, I'm telling him there is no way this is the aircon. It is on the other side of the house from the aircon. He doesn't believe me. Tells me to call the aircon people again. Back and forth, back and forth. Finally, I convince him that I'm not just some nervous nelly and complaining about the doorknob not working (that's another story - the day the doorknob quit working and fell off, thereby trapping me inside the apartment until my husband came home. Oh, by the way, this is when I didn't have a cell phone either.) Anyways, so he comes over, takes one look in the kitchen, and is like "Ohhh, that is a leak. Very bad. I look."

Sigh. Long story short, hopefully we will have a new hot water heater soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails