Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday Funday?



It was totally gorgeous today. The weather has been totally bi-polar. Monday was stormy, Tuesday gorgeous, Wednesday stormy, etc. I got two paintings done, but I didn't feel particularly productive. I kept getting distracted by the sun. I need to work on my focus. It didn't help that I hit a roadblock of sorts with the Red Jumbu fruit. It is really a very difficult fruit to paint. Apples, oranges, lemons and pears are so much more recognizable forms, so as a painter you can be nice and loose and more abstract. Since these are a kind of strange shape - pearish, but not really - I find that it is difficult as a viewer of my own paintings to be able to identify what they are. In any case, below you will see the one that stymied me at the end of the day.

Sometimes it is just better to walk away and do something else. I chose to go ahead and do some other sketches, some color exercises, some reading. Giving my brain another area to focus on keeps me motivated and helps me from getting bogged down in difficulties. Then I can come back the next day refreshed and tackle the problem anew. Anywho - 2 paintings and 6 hours down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails