Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 12 - DP No. 35

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 12"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase
Life is good.  I hope the beginning of spring is going well for you as well.  I'm slammed in the studio and just painting away, but other than that, not much more to tell.  This is a scene from Little India again.  I just love the colors they paint the buildings there.  So vivid.  I was finally able to get out this afternoon and get some decent pictures.  I think Indonesia or Malaysia might be burning more rain forest again.  The sky is just super hazy and gray all day long, but the sun is shining through.  This creates a totally unique lighting situation that I've never seen before and don't really know how to paint.  I mean, how do you paint a totally white/gray sky with strong light and dark shadows?  Yeah.  Doesn't make much sense.  In any case, have a great day, and I'll post again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails