Monday, March 7, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 16 - DP No. 39

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 16"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase
To be completely honest, this one was incredibly tough, but I loved how it turned out.  This was a shophouse that had the trim painted in various shades of gray, that had nothing to do with where the shadows fell, or the form it created.  I thought the trim was just beautiful, and I loved the shadows, but translating all the different painted colors of gray - whew!  Such a toughie.

And here is the on location painting I did last week - Dunlop Street in Little India.  I just love this little corner, and I really like how this plein air piece turned out.  Due to the 95 degree weather, I did finish the last bit in the studio, but I think that is allowed.  So hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails