Sunday, March 6, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 15 - SOLD

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 15"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase
I remember when I first read Taking the Leap, which is a must-read book if you eventually want to become a full time artist.  Since then I have read multiple blogs, books, etc, all about taking that first step and becoming a full-time artist.  One thing I always remember reading is how they talk about working long hours - longer than you would ever work at a normal office job.  Even when I was doing quite well with my abstract work in Houston, and almost full-time, I kind of scoffed at those people.  I figured I could do it better, more efficiently, paint faster, whatever.  Well, now I know what they meant.  Literally, I cannot find enough hours in the day.  Nevertheless, like the bumper sticker says, "A bad day painting is better than a good day in the office."  Or wait, is it usually talking about fishing?  Oh well.  Works for me!

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails