Thursday, March 3, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 13 - DP No. 36

"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 13"
6x6 Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase

This is one of those crazy crazy KTV places in Chinatown.  And what, might you ask, is a KTV place?  It is a Karaoke bar.  Just like what you may have seen in "Lost in Translation."  Since Karaoke is the one thing even tequila cannot convince me to do, I haven't exactly gotten into them much.  In any case, it makes for another fun shophouse!

I had a really cool morning this morning when I was painting on location.  I was in Little India again, and a couple people now recognize me (the crazy white girl sweating her you-know-what-off in the 95 degree heat at 9am).  Two of them stopped to chat with me, and I had a really nice time.  One of them owns a Thai massage parlor on the street and another was an India gentleman that runs a restaurant in Malaysia.  He told me I must come and try his food.  The gentleman that owned the massage parlor was really lovely to speak with.  And what was even cooler, was that as I was packing up, he came and gave me a soda.  So generous.  It was greatly appreciated, because literally by 9am it was at least 90 degrees, if not closer to 95.  I wound up only getting 50% through the painting because I was just too hot.  Well, so it goes in Singapore.

2 comments:

  1. I love your strong brushstrokes and use of color!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing your work and hearing your stories. Great job on this. So admire your diligence!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails