Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 22 - SOLD


"Singapore Heritage Shophouse No. 22"
6in x 6in Oil on Panel
Click Here to Purchase
This shophouse is a wonderful bright red one found in Chinatown.  Wow.  Having my midterm finished has gotten a huge monkey off my back.  Between that and my husband's reminders that we have "four more sleeps" until we leave for Italy, my concentration on getting ready for my show has been a bit lagging.  I now have 42 paintings completed, and need another 25 (plus some slightly larger ones to flush it out).

Funny thing, is that I'm kind of starting to run out of shophouses.  Or not run out of them perse, but run out of them having good lighting and shadows.  This prospect has me a bit terrified, I'm not going to lie.  There are just all these cool nooks and corners that have shophouses in them, but a lot of the time the houses are shaded by trees or tall buildings.  Or, when I need to get pictures it is just a cloudy day, so the diffused lighting leaves almost no shadows.  Or, all the shutters are closed.  But I can artistically fix that one.  The bottom line is that I need some interesting shadows.  Otherwise it makes for a boring painting of some architecture.  I really think this two week break is going to help give me a fresh perspective for when I return.

But have no fear, I've been painting ahead, so I'll continue to post daily!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails